What I like right now…
* My new breadmaker I figured I deserved some kind of reward for surviving two moves in less than a month. I scooped it up off Amazon on a Friday sale. If only I could find our old breadmaker recipe book…I hope it’s in a box somewhere around here.
* Chocolate Chex Mmmmm, so yummy. Especially with a cup of coffee.
* Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and Chicken Pizza Take your pizza dough (see breadmaker above), spread it with the pesto (I bought mine pre-made at the store). You can use any flavor pesto you like. Top with mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken leftover from some other meal. Bake in the oven and Ta Da!
* Wild Blackberries Most every evening we walk the perimeter of the mowed portion of our yard (we live on 10 acres now, but most of them are wooded) to pick the ripe blackberries. The kids love them!
* Paper crafts If there is one thing I love, it’s an excuse to make some sort of paper craft. Invitations and announcements are among my favorites. Some times I get all complicated with the layering of papers and vellum and doodads with those foamy dots. Right now, I’m working on our moving announcements. These are super simple-a purchased card with a “homey” design with all the info printed on the card in a fun font. Back in TX, we had this nice, somewhat pricey, stationary store down the road. A couple times a year they would have a big clear-out sale and put the cards down to 10-20 cents a piece. If I was lucky enough to stumble in on the right day, I’d stock up on all kinds of cards. They have come in handy for many a birthday or other special occasion.
* A stockpile of homemade waffles I don’t generally make elaborate breakfasts for actual breakfast. I will, however, make breakfast for dinner about every other week. When I make waffles, I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze the leftovers. I can pull out just what I need and toast them up.