F is for Finished!!
Yes, friends, I did indeed finish BOTH pillows. The second one went much faster than I expected, which was a happy surprise. I won’t be able to share any pictures until tomorrow as J’s laptop is in the windows mode and I can’t download the photos until I get it back in mac mode. That sounds more complicated than it really is. Mostly I just have to wait until morning, when he’ll be finished recording his music, and restart the computer.
I am super thrilled with the pillows! Now if I just had a sofa worthy of the pillows…Another day, perhaps.
Here’s the early design phase, showing the napkins in their original state. (And a rather lumpy pillow insert.)
Here is the first pillow. The patchworking went quickly enough, but the hand stitched circles took a little extra time. In the end, I think it was time well spent. I have it sitting here with the table cloth that matches the napkins.
Here’s the second pillow. I switched it to a different pillow insert which fits it better, but I’d already taken the picture and I’m just lazy enough not to take another! I was quite nervous with how the machine stitching around the circle and the flower would go, but I’m really happy with it! It’s purposefully imperfect.
And now, I’m working on a third! I seem to have some sort of illness…